Thousands of satisfied stairlift customers worldwide
Modern stair lifts, like the Acorn Superglide Stairlift, are state of the art, in terms of design and manufacture, yet are so simple to use. As with most things - there is a baffling amount of choice. When choosing a piece of equipment like a stairlift, it is important to ensure that you are making like-for-like comparisons.
Acorn has local teams of trained surveyors, installers and service engineers throughout the UK, with unrivalled aftercare and customer service. You can rest assured knowing that we will be there for you, whenever you need, for as long as you have your stairlift.
Don't take any chances, make sure you conduct a like-for-like comparison of the features, technology, comfort and safety aspects of the equipment, before you hand over your money.
- Acorn Stairlifts are NOT cabled hauled
- they have a rack & pinion drive providing a quiet, smooth ride.
- Acorn Stairlifts are DC powered
- quick and simple to install, will work in a power cut, highly reliable.
- Acorn Stairlifts are safe and easy to use.
- Swivel seat
- you don't have to twist when leaving the stairlift, and securely locks in position.
- Soft start & stop feature
- stairlift does not jarr at the top or bottom of your stairs
- Electronic and mechanical brakes
- standard fitment to all Acorn Stairlifts, a vital safety feature.
- Digital status display
- clearly displays the status of the stairlift at all times
What to look out for when buying a stairlift:
- If a stair lift is cable hauled, or uses a chain or rope - it will be noisy, jarring and oily
- If a stair lift has a trailing mains cable - it is AC powered, which means it will be quite complex and time consuming to install. It may also be unreliable and has the potential to electrocute
- If a stair lift does not have a swivel seat - it is outdated and potentially hazardous, particularly at the top of the stairway
- If a stair lift does not have 'soft start - soft stop' technology - it is outdated and uncomfortable, with jarring starts and stops
- If stair lift is not DC powered - it will be troublesome, lack smoothness and could be potentially dangerous. It will be immobilized during a power outage
- If a stair lift does not have an overspeed governor - the stair lift is not protected from an uncontrolled descent, if a major drive system failure should occur. In this case, the stair lift could plummet to the foot of the stairway, with terrible consequences.
- If a stair lift does not have a status display system - it will be impossible to diagnose a fault without a costly home visit
Contact us now for your FREE survey and quotation, and one of our experienced local surveyors will provide all the advice you need.
- Free quote
- Free survey
- No obligation